Saturday, August 8, 2009

Australia

Last night I opted to stay home from my invites to Elevate and Greenhouse. As exciting as those venues might be, I am not the type to club three days in a row, so I usually alternate one day of the weekend nights as my "home time." I am not quite a movie buff or the best person to judge an amazing movie either. Even though I lack emotion, for some reason I tend to cry at every sappy seen, close my eyes during the frightening moments, and laugh at the slightest joke: Its pretty sad. Nevertheless, I try to watch at least one new movie a week in order to evoke some emotion out of me.

A movie titled "Australia" was the movie choice last night. I wasn't sure about the title or the description being the subject of driving cattle thousands of miles, but the actors in it and its length intrigued me. It starred Nicole Kidman, who is pretty amazing in my eyes, and Hugh Jackman, who I wouldn't be upset to reproduce for. A three hour length also told me there had to be more to this movie than what the description pointed out. So I turned off the lights and triggered the play button.

Needless to say the movie was amazing and had more to it then just cattle. It involved everything from the evolution of a woman to the evolution of a love story as well as the evolution of Northern Australia. I would recommend this movie to anyone that wants to gain knowledge in more than one area when watching a movie. It literally brought me to tears one too many times in those three hours ...


No comments:

Post a Comment